Plum Village Bell Meditation
Dear Friends, These are my favorite meditations at present. They are lead by Thich Nhat Hanh, the Vietnamese Buddhist monk, zen master, teacher, author, poet and peace activist. These meditations are based on the Buddha’s
Thich Nhat Hanh lived for many years in the Plum Village Monastery in the Dordogne region in the South of France. These meditations were recorded there. (Below are Dropbox links to the MP3’s – HERE is the complete SoundCloud playlist.)
1) Short introduction spoken by Thich Nhat Hanh (2:49)
2) Bell meditation just the sound of the bell at intervals to allow mindful breathing in the intervals (38:21) From minute 33:00 to minute 38:21 Sister Jina van Hengel explains the structure of the meditations. I recommend listening to this part before continuing to part 3.
3) Guided bell meditation spoken by Sister Jina van Hengel, Plum Village Monastery, France (9:51)
This bell meditation includes the following phases of focus:
- In, Out;
- Deep, Slow;
- Calm, Ease;
- Smile, Release;
- Present Moment, Wonderful Moment
4) Guided bell meditation to become more attuned to our body spoken by Sister Jina van Hengel (16:12)
5) Guided bell meditation on myself as a child and my parents spoken by Sister Jina van Hengel (12:34)
[You can purchase the cd or also the mp3 download of these Bell Meditations on sale at the moment (Audio Download $8.38) here: http://www.soundstrue.com/shop/Plum-Village-Meditations/357.pd] ~~~
Intro text spoken by Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh in the first recording above:
This is the sound of the bell in Plum Village.
The bell is invited by me to sound for you for your daily practice.
Our practice in Plum Village is to enjoy the breathing in and out between the sounds of the bell.
The sound is there to help you concentrate and to enjoy your breathing.
When you listen to the bell deeply in a relaxed way, breathing in deeply, you enjoy your breathing, and breathing out, enjoying just the sound of the bell and your breathing, you calm your body, you calm your emotions, you stop all your thinking.
If every day you practice for 10 or 20 or 30 minutes of breathing with the bell, you will restore yourself, you will restore your peace, your joy and your freedom.
You are alive. To be alive is a wonder.
Breathing itself is a miracle, and when you breathe you touch deeply the fact that you are alive.
We are glad to offer you these sounds from Plum Village.