This is the page I contemplated this morning in my Driftwood Studio. It has to do with enlightenment being something that happens suddenly, from one moment to the next and yet many of us study with great patience. Master Linji gives us the sense that this study and this patience are part of enlightenment, not really “preparation FOR” enlightenment. The words of the sutras or of any text that inspires us are enjoyable and that is why we read and contemplate them. Enjoy this short text of Thich Nhat Hanh speaking of the teachings of Linji:
Here is another view of the massive tree stump that protects the Driftwood Studio from the North Wind and provides a strong energy for sitting.
- Driftwood Studio (newearthpulse.wordpress.com)
- Living As Buddha (newearthpulse.wordpress.com)
- Zen: Each of Our Actions Carries Our Signature (newearthpulse.wordpress.com)
- Freedom is the only condition for happiness (zenflash.wordpress.com)
- Put on Your Robe as a Free Person. (newearthpulse.wordpress.com)
- A Close Encounter with Thich Nhat Hanh (newearthpulse.wordpress.com)